In addition to Israel Tech Challenge’s rigorous screening process, applicants must meet the Ministry of Aliyah’s criteria of being Olim and Toshavim Chozrim (returning residents) who are:
- Those over the age of 18 and under the official retirement age
- An immigrant (Oleh, Ezrach Oleh, Katin Chozer & Gorer Zechuyot) within 10 years of Aliyah (and who was at least 15 years old upon receiving their Aliyah status). OR a returning resident (Toshav Chozer) within 2 years of the date of return to Israel.
- Have not used your training voucher or Minhal-Studentim academic tuition grant. (This program is in lieu of a voucher-supported program and counts as if you are using the voucher. )
- Those who have basic knowledge of Hebrew – and is either a graduate of Ulpan Alef or has command of Hebrew parallel to that level (maybe be assessed with a brief test).
- Studied at an academic institution
To qualify for the monthly stipend, meet the above criteria, as well as meet the following:
- Those who are unemployed (or in unskilled work!) OR those whose professions are not in demand.
- Those who attend at least 5 of the 6 training sessions each week.
To start the program, you will need to pass Israel Tech Challenge’s Screening process which includes an English test, Online Video test, and a personal interview. For the Front-end Development program, students are expected to complete self-study of HTML and CSS prior to class start. While we provide these self-studies materials, applicants have the option of paying 850 ILS for the guided and structured studies offered in the First Steps to Web Development course separately.