THE PROGRAM FOR?
ITC’s Data Engineering program is an intensive 5-month program focused on a high level programming aimed at building the pipelines that transform data into formats that data scientists can use. Participants will specialize in two of the most in-demand skill sets of the industry – Big Data and SQL Programming.
Applicants should have either some or all of the following
- 2 years of experience in Object Oriented programming language such as Python, C#, Java, Node js. OR 2 years experience working in a technology company
- Mid to extensive knowledge of SQL or other data querying language or database administration
- Ability to script or program basic applications
- All applicants must be eligible for an Israeli citizenship according to the Israeli government / Law of return or be able to obtain a visa which allows them to stay in Israel for the duration of the program.
- Write and Deploy a Web Service
- Continuous Integration and Deployment
- Testing methodologies
- Deep Learning
- And more…
- Data Modeling & ERD
- SQL Operations & Functions
- Stored Procedures
- And more…
- Columnar, Key Value
- Object store and Graph
- Hadoop (Yarn, HDFS)
- And more…
Gain hands on experience and valuable industry connections working on a full-time data engineering project in high-tech companies.
THE FELLOWS PROGRAM SCREENING PROCESS INCLUDES:
- Submitting your application to ITC’s enrollment team review
- Solving a technological online test which focuses on coding
- Personal and professional video interview for participants who pass the test
- Final application review by an admissions committee
The Data Engineering program is intended for talented coders and programmers who seek to upgrade their tech skills. However, one more important aspect of being a part of the program has to do with your motivation to integrate fully with the tech community; alongside career opportunities Israel has to offer, ITC sets to supply you with educational activities, extra-curricular lectures and trips around the country.
We find these activities to be very helpful in terms of breaking the routine, forming strong friendships between the students and basically providing a lot of fun.
- Excellence Scholarships: Scholarships of up to 5,000 NIS for exceptional candidates, based on their experience, credentials and achievements in the screening process. Candidates may apply for a scholarship after completing the screening process. Read More >>
- Sachal שכ”ל – Free-loans: bank-backed student loans where ITC covers the interest and indexation differences.
- Cheryl Saban Scholarship: Scholarship up to 2,500 ILS awarded to exceptional women who apply to ITC’s Fellows program. Read More >>
- Masa grants, starting from 3,000 USD, for non-Israeli citizens. Read more >>
- Ministry of Aliyah and Integration grants for new immigrants in the amount of 7,000 ILS. Read more >>
The data engineer is someone who develops, constructs, tests, and maintains architectures, such as databases and large-scale processing systems. He develops and maintains scale-able data pipelines and builds out new API integrations to support continuing increases in data volume and complexity
Data engineers recommend and implement ways to improve data reliability, efficiency, and quality. They employ a variety of languages and tools to marry systems together or try to hunt down opportunities to acquire new data from other systems so that it can become information in further processing by the organization.
Our application process is highly selective. We evaluate technical skills, experience in the industry, personality, career achievement, and analytic ability to help determine if the applicant is a good fit for our program and also if our program is a good fit for the applicant. ITC receives hundreds of applications and only selects a few. The application process is composed of the short application form (click apply!), a comprehensive online test, followed by a live-coding review session, and possibly more than one personal interviews.
The pre-course is meant to prepare you for the program; it will give you a chance to practice working on various technical assignments, submitting them through ITC’s system, and already receiving feedback from the staff. The materials covered by the pre-course are compiled to guarantee that you will get the most out of the training. The Pre-course is a crucial part of your training since most of what you will learn and practice in it will not be taught again in class.
Our staff has vast experience – Either from their army service in IDF’s 8200 Unit or as top professionals in the industry. In addition, about a third of the training in the program is conducted by leading international & Israeli tech companies. The program’s syllabus includes multiple lectures and workshops that have direct relevance to everyday challenges of the tech industry, coming from the actual companies that tackle them.
The program is very intensive – 5 days a week from morning to evening with mandatory attendance. We cover a lot of material over the course of 5 months classroom training. All applicants should be prepared for this kind of curriculum. Time management skills and performance under pressure is a must have for our course and for the industry in general.
ITC is a nonprofit organization with a mission to assist the Israeli hi-tech industry to overcome the human capital shortage in needed development positions. In order to fund the course’s high costs, ITC charges participation fees from students and is backed by philanthropic organizations and government grants.